Indoor SUP Yoga - 1hr
SUP Yoga in Swansea
Yoga on a paddleboard – or SUP Yoga – is coming to Swansea. Jump on board with us to try out one of the fastest growing and exciting combinations in both the yoga and SUP worlds.
Join The SUP HUT and Womankind Yoga Wales this Autumn for one of our unique Indoor SUP Yoga Sessions, at Penlan Leisure Centre on selected Saturday evenings.
During the hour session, you will be guided through an introduction to the paddleboards, a warm up and introduction on how yoga can be transferred onto the water!
Yoga Teacher Helen Wilson (Womankind Yoga, Beach Yoga Swansea Bay) will show you how to move through gradual classical yoga postures on your board – in a class that will both challenge, strengthen and relax both your body and mind.
These sessions are available for GIFT VOUCHERS - Please indicate on the notes section on checkout
Benefits of SUP yoga
1) Yoga is just fantastic for overall health and wellbeing. It..
· Relaxes the body
· Focuses and clearing the mind
· Improves posture
· Increases flexibility
· Tones and lengthens muscles
· Helps reduce stress and associated problems such as anxiety and depression
2) SUP yoga is more challenging and puts a new perspective on either your current yoga or SUP practice. The unstable platform creates a different challenge physically, where you have to engage core strength to keep you grounded and balanced.
Even simple postures become more challenging and you can have loads of fun trying them out!
3) You won’t have to be experienced in either yoga or paddleboarding to give it a go. Our sessions will guide you through postures suitable for everybody.
What the session costs
£15 per 1 hr session (12 spaces per session) Please arrive early at 7.45pm at check in - You can always take a quick swim before we start if you wish.
Why so much >? - Renting a commercial Pool out is not cheap when you factor in 2 lifeguards on duty staff/ heating /lighting etc etc
What the sessions include
Inflatable board hire and tuition.
Changing room facilities and showers
Car parking is free and available outside the centre
Where to meet and what to wear?
Come to the sessions as if you were going to go for a swim with suitable bathing costumes/shorts and towel. Tell the reception you're here for SUP Yoga.
Find Penlan leisure centre at - Swansea SA5 7BU
Lesson is given by Annapurna Helen Wilson, Classical Hatha Yoga Teacher (500hr certified, Yoga Alliance) and SUP Safety & Rescue Certified (Waterskills Academy WSA) www.womankindyoga.com
All sessions booked and payed for are non-refundable. ( We will offer a refund if notified 5 days in advance of the session date)
SUP Yoga Sessions are available to those aged 18 or over who are able to swim. Younger teenagers can attend when accompanied by an adult.