The Connor Baxter signature model It's no secret that Connor Baxter was using another brand of paddles not so long ago. A champion paddler will not compromise on performance and it was only when Starboard delivered the Bolt that he truly felt Starboard were offering him a tool fit to keep him at the top of the world rankings.
Our top UK riders have rushed to get hold of this incredible new paddle, bringing a blend of speed, power and control never before available in one blade.
"After one session using the new Bolt I knew Starboard were onto something good. The blade feels as fast and low-drag as the high-aspect but with superior grip. This is great news both for less experienced paddlers, where technique may not be perfect, plus elite racers competing in challenging waters or tiring towards the end of a race." - Paul Simmons
2016 BLADE SIZE
Blade sizes in the starboard Bolt
Medium – 83.7 inches
This paddle is the 2016 Carbon round shaft Medium Blade
• Custom woven Biaxial 60/60 degree Carbon cloth and a new high density PVC core
absorbing less resin.
• Biaxial 45-degree fabric used to increase the durability and reduce risk of buckling.
• Retains strength while possessing incredibly good flex characteristics.
• Bolt has a shortened stringer to give more flex and recoil at the very tip of the blade.
• ABS rail insert along the entire edge of blade.
SHAFT STIFFNESS - S38 round carbon shaft
A stiffer shaft provides a more direct transfer of energy and suits larger blades and taller riders wanting to use full lenght shafts. When you cut a paddle shaft down to fit your size it automatically becomes stiffer, thus you may wish to choose a 42 mm shaft.