STARBOARD 2017 - 8'0 x 31.5 Hyper Nut Carbon construction
The Hyper Nut range is the most innovative wave board program we have ever launched, targeting riders hunting down World titles as well as entry level wave crew.
This Hip in the middle of the board helps the boards turning ability, the parallel outline channels water to flow around the board and the channels in the bottom are the basis for many hydrodynamic theories … a wide nose for stability and wide tail for speed and control but this hip helps the board surf with loads of speed and most importantly grip. This means improved performance in all conditions and because the Hyper Nut boards are shorter than your average SUP surf board they have less swing weight in the nose.
Wide nose and tail combined with 31.5” width makes it an
extremely stable board for its relatively short length of 8’0”.
Defies its size to feel like a much bigger board suited
to riders of up to 100kg.
The amazing stability still retains rapid acceleration and speed,
super-tight turning radius for carving, vertical projection and
general feeling of life in the board.
Available in Wood and Starlite and Carbon Technologies. Bottom shape: “Mono-concave feeding through to channel tail”
All boards are supplied with 4 FCS Quad bio light core fins - 2 x 4.7" , 2 x 4.5"
These boards will definitely improve your surfing performance , however you’ll need to master the boards distinctive style of paddling technique and therefore the HyperNut is not really for general and flat water paddling . If you’re a intermediate SUP surfer and become stale in your SUP surfing and looking for a new board to make turning easier it could be a great consideration.
• A 15kg/m3 precision molded fused cell core replicates the exact shape, offers high strength at the lightest weight.
• A full deck, bottom and rail wrap of high density PVC foam significantly increases the impact resistance and overall hull strength at the lightest weight.
• Ultra-light biaxial and uni-directional high grade Carbon fibers with optimized angles deliver flex and reflex for incredible response.
• Impregnated paint pigment means no paint is sprayed reducing the overall weight, paint chips and scratches.
• The sensational lightweight increases carving ability and acceleration.
• S Glass tensile strength (load needed to break material) is generally 60% better than carbon and over twice a strong as conventional glass.
* Full Plant based Bio resin infusion maintains superior performance with a lower impact on the environment.
* We use inverted EVA deck pads to avoid waste, thus every second board will have a reverse color combination from what is featured.