Lessons, Hire & Club
Paddleboarding, stand up paddling, stand up surfing or SUP for short , involves standing on a large board and propelling yourself along with a single bladed paddle. It's easy to pick up with instruction and nearly anyone can do it as long as you can swim.
Try it out with SUP Gower on the stunning Gower peninsula, Swansea bay or Carmarthenshire in South Wales. all equipment is provided.
If you've bought a board and trying it alone - Follow these basic TIPS
- Choose a calm piece of water with no tidal current and a day with little or no wind.
- Start on your knees before you get to your feet, to get your confidence and balance.
- When standing up, make sure your toes are facing forwards, feet parallel and approx shoulder width apart
- Stand up and paddle with straight arms looking forward not down at your feet.
- Avoid offshore winds - they will blow you far from shore.
- Check the tides - do you know how the currents and tides effect your location?
- Don't paddle alone - stay safe and paddle with a friend (or make sure you tell others where you're paddling).
- Don't use the board in surf until you are confident.
- Start small to get your confidence in the waves, and avoid busy beaches.
Check our lessons & Hire out below or for more info click this link http://www.supgower.com/lessons-and-hire/